Our client is owned and operated by a leading, independently owned publisher based in the UK. They have been partnering with talented developers and publishers of all sizes since 1995.They launched a new division in November 2012 to serve the growing global community of online PC gamers and their following has grown exponentially ever since. They are now one of the largest providers of Steam game bundles in the world delivering digital entertainment to more than 200 territories worldwide.
Our client is seeking an ambitious, results-driven, Licensing Manager to join their expanding team. The successful candidate will work with top digital game creators, closing deals with developers and publishers to showcase their amazing games to a vast online audience. You will have excellent knowledge and passion for video games.
Working in a dynamic, fast-moving commercial environment where pace, drive and passion are prerequisites, the main (but not all) responsibilities will be: –
• Working with the Head of Licensing to evolve the product licensing strategy
• Identify commercially viable digital games for licensing
• Build long term relationships with key game developers and publishers across the world
• Liaise with marketing team to maximise licensing partners’ revenue by creating a calendar of exciting sales opportunities
• Source and process deliverables from licensors
• Account management
• Manage the life cycle of the licensing process
• Interpret data to develop and build future growth strategy
• Experience of the digital entertainment/content industry with a relevant and up to date client list, preferably within the games industry
• Knowledge for what sells on Valve’s Steam platform
• Organised, numerate and detail orientated
• Excellent presentation and written skills
• Clear and concise communication skills
• Commercially aware, analytical and focussed on business goals
• Skilled influencer and negotiator
• Experienced in contract negotiation
A go-getter with a “can do” attitude that uses their personality, skills and experience to meet with new key clients, presenting the company in a positive and professional manner whilst maintaining focus on the commercial objectives of the business. You will likely be, tenacious, persuasive, think creatively and have the ability to engage at all levels. This is a results driven role for a results driven person.
Salary: up to £36,000 (depending on experience)
Location: Office-based – Midlands area with international travel
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance